I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Two words about the Italian Carnival


Foto di fotocommunity.it




Is carnival time, certainly in Italy Venice is the city symbol of this holiday. The floats that parade features between the squares, the breathtaking landscapes make this one of the best known and appreciated Italian event in the world.
At about 300 km from Venice we head in Versilia,  to the historical and suggestive city of Viareggio.
Known as exclusive seaside resort with beautiful beaches, is renowned in Italy and throughout Europe for its carnival.
But I can say with some pride that there is also another small town, certainly less famous, where the carnival is a tradition deeply felt: Putignano. The calendar is full of activities and events: the festival of the bear, masks, parade, dances and music ... really beautiful.
I go there every year, my girls are so much fun, and at the end of the evening after eating a pizza all in the central square where they make crepes strawberry and cream fabulous!
In the square  the center, there is a small caffè where to prepare  it so sublime! Putignano is to steps from Alberobello and Martina Franca which offers spectacular views of the Itria Valley.
If  by chance you are passing, I recommend you make a jump perhaps stopping in some bed and brekfast in the area, there are very beautiful and if you feel like sleeping in a real Trullo before enjoying the parade, you do not have that an embarrassment of choice...


No comments:

Post a Comment