I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Saturday, January 7, 2012

CASSATA SICILIANA


Although this cake is made ​​with ricotta cheese, my passion!
Of course the casatta that they do in Sicily, is unmatched.
 It will be the scent of citrus, or the ancient technique with which it is produced, which makes it unique.
Anyway, I've tried this recipe and I must say the result is not sorry for anything, at least for my taste.




Ingredients


a disk of sponge cake 
(For the sponge cake recipe you can use this)
http://italiangoodness.blogspot.it/2011/10/coconut-and-chocolate-cupcakes.html
1 glass of rum
28, 2 oz. (800gr)ricotta (sheep)
5, 29 oz. (150gr) dark chocolate chips
1 1 / 3 cup (300gr) sugar
a teaspoon of cinnamon powder

for the almond paste


3 egg whites
2 2 / 3 (300gr) icing sugar
1 1 / 2 cup (300gr) almond flour
1 tablespoon orange flower water

Coat a mold from the edges rather high with plastic wrap.
Split the sponge cake into two parts.
A piece of sponge cake to be divided into strips as high as the edges of the pan.
Put the other side of sponge cake in the pan, and the strips around the edges.
Mix the ricotta with the sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
Wet the sponge cake with rum and stuffed with cream cheese.
Cover with strips of sponge cake and brush with remaining the rest of the rum.
Place in freezer for 3 / 4 hours.
Overthrow the cake on a serving platter, remove the film and coat the cake completely with the almond paste.
Decorate as desired, perhaps with pumpkin and orange peel.
To make it at home all the ingredients mix well until the dough is smooth and compact and store in refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. Trasform the dough into a thin sheet and coat the cake (how to use sugar paste!!!)
You can buy the almond paste Already prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment