I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Saturday, January 14, 2012

LEMON LIQUEUR (LIMONCELLO)


Foto tratta da ilconvento .biz


Is for some years now that I prepare homemade liqueurs, I enjoy and are useful for to the original flavors of desserts and creams.
This is the season of limoncello, taking advantage of the wonderful lemons that at this time the my tree is producing.
It is not exaggeratedly alcoholic (but if you prefer is sufficent increase the dose of alcohol) and after meals is always very welcome.

Ingredients


20, 2 fl. oz alcohol (600ml)
16, 9 fl. oz  water (500ml)
17, 6 oz sugar (250gr)
5 fresh lemons




Cut into strips the lemon peels without damaging the white.
In a glass container and put alcohol, dip the slices of lemon, close with a lid and leave to infuse for 5 days.
After this time, heat the water in a saucepan with the sugar until it has melted, remove from heat and let cool.
Pour water in the glass container and mix well.
Filter into a second container the liqueur making sure that there is no residual of lemon.
Pour into bottles and let it rest for a couple of days before you taste it.


No comments:

Post a Comment