I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lemon Tart



Sunday lunch my mother-in-law made ​​me taste the limoncello that prepared with fresh lemons that we took in our garden. Really good. I state that my mother-in-law is an exceptional cook, can transform an ordinary dish into something sublime.
And considering the enormous quantity of lemons to eat, I trawled through my notes and I found this recipe.
If you have any fresh lemons I recommend you try.


Ingredients


for the pastry:


2 / 3 cup (150gr) softened butter
1 / 2 cup (100gr) caster sugar
2 1 / 4 cups ( 250gr) flour
2 egg yolks
a packet of vanilla or essence of vanilla
1 lemon, grated


for the cream:


2 lemons, grated
50 ml of lemon juice
30 ml of mint syrup
1 / 2 cup (120gr) sugar
1 / 2 cup (100gr) butter
2 eggs
2 whole lemons and a few leaves of mint for garnish



For the pastry: Put all the ingredients, kneading (or mix everything together by hand) and when it is ready to leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
For the cream: In a bowl mix the eggs, one at a time add all other ingredients.
Cook the cream in a bain-marie until it has coagulated.
Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin and put  in the a buttered and floured cake pan and bake at 374 F° (190°) degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove the tart from the oven and let cool.
Smear the cream of lemon and mint and garnish with maybe some lemon slices and mint leaves.
Leave the tart in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Tips: If I do not have time,  I bake the cream in the microwave  , you have to remember to turn it often; if during the preparation of the cream should form clots colarla before putting it in cooking; lemon juice should be filtered.



No comments:

Post a Comment