I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Monday, January 9, 2012

OMELETTE WITH RICOTTA (OMELETTE ALLA RICOTTA)


The  French omelette is a dish very similar to our frittata.
The difference is that in the first you add the filling, in the second mix all the ingredients.
There are a many of recipes and many variant for the preparation the omelette, ham and cheese, vegetables, mushrooms and cream cheese, etc. ...
The recipe that I propose is a bit different, I personally appreciated a lot and can be used for an aperitif , cutting it into cubes or as a second dish enriched with an outline.

Ingredients


14, 1 oz. (400gr) cottage cheese
13, 5 fl oz (400gr) milk
3-4 tbsp flour
1 packet of yeast
5, 29 oz. (150gr)mortadella
salt, bay leaves.



Stir in milk, cottage cheese and a pinch of salt.
Stir in the flour and yeast with the ricotta until the mixture is thick and creamy.
If the mixture is too liquid, add a little flour
Heat a nonstick skillet with a little olive oil or a knob of butter and pour a few tablespoons of ricotta mixture.
Cook each pancake for 2 / 3 minutes on each side (like crepes).
Serve hot with the mortadella inside, giving the form desired to omelette. ( a roll, a half moon, etc. ...)
Decorate as desired with the bay leaves, mint, basil
The mortadella can be substituted with of ham, bacon, etc. ..



No comments:

Post a Comment