I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Monday, October 17, 2011

Travel between landscapes and Sicilian tastes ...

Stromboli Vulcano
Four years ago, my husband and I decided to do a four day trip to Sicily and since then I have not forgotten.
One Saturday in late August we take the car in the direction of Villa San Giovanni. After five hours of travel we arrive at your destination and we board the ferry to Messina.
I must say that are was a little disappointed, but the cannoli bought from the confectionery course they deserve praise.
After a short ride we took the car to go to Novara of Sicily, where we booked online bed and breakfast (4 nights 140 euros per couple).
To our surprise we find ourselves in a small medieval village suggestive. (The only downside are the fifteen miles of curves  you have to do to get there)
The bed and brekfast was a period house with a dozen rooms clean and spacious and to windows of the white curtains that give the room a touch of elegance .
Although tired, we did not want to waste time and we started our visit in the country. For lunch we head in a restaurant that we are advised by the locals (in the country believe there are only two).
What a Wonder!!! typical food For example, the paste and pistachio melanzana, cheeses, homemade cassata, almond paste, and the whole thing in two paying about 30 euros!  The second day visit to Taormina which is 53 km away from our lodging. It 'a splendid natural terrace overlooking the sea, however, does not allow access to machines. We visited the Greek Theatre, Palazzo Corvaja, Cathedral Square, the Villa Comunale gardens near Taormina and Naxos. In the afternoon, then a bit of sea, and the evening for dinner, we head to what now has become our restaurant.
Third day tour the Aeolian , Islands Lipari and Vulcano. Lipari believe is the best equipped for tourism and richer services, has a center full of shops selling gadgets of all types, local produce and a clear sea with a wild beach.
The island of Lipari is very small and less attractive, its characteristic is a kind of natural pool where you can immerse themselves in mud. Within walking distance there is a stretch of very hot water to relax and enjoy a natural massage.
Fourth day visit to the valley where they are located Alcantara Alcantara Gorges. It 'a fascinating natural park that you can visit in different ways. We are not athletes,  we bought the tickets that allowed us to go down with the elevator. To enter into the cold water  we used the boots for fishermen and we had fun taking pictures of all kinds
Fifth day we return home with quite a lot of local products and not happy at Messina I bought the cottage cheese that have managed to maintain integrates using small refrigerator.
I will never forget Sicily, its people, its hospitality, its landscapes and ... breakfast made with coffee granita with whipped cream! I hope to return soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment