I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Friday, October 21, 2011

Coconut and chocolate cupcakes


 I have tasted these delicious pastries for the first time in Tropea, are made from a base of sponge cake covered with chocolate cream and coconut.
In the original version, was the liquor but they are good without it.





Ingredients

  For the sponge cake:

6 Italian coffee cups of flour
4 Italian coffee cups of sugar
2 Italian coffee cups of oil
2 Italian coffee cups of milk 
2 yeggs
0, 88 oz. (25gr) baking powder
   
Coverage for:

10, 1 fl. oz (300ml) milk
10, 5 oz. (300gr) dark chocolate
7 / 8 cup (200gr) butter
coconut flour

In a food processor put all the ingredients for the cake and work it well, bake at 356 F° (180°) for about 25 minutes.
In a saucepan melt the chocolate with the butter and milk.
Cut the cake into small squares and dip them in chocolate sauce.
Pass one at a time in the coconut flour and place them into the molds of paper. Store in a refrigerator


If you prefer a slightly alcoholic taste you can add two teaspoons rum in the melted chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment