I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Monday, October 24, 2011

Ricotta Tart

The best known version of ricotta tart, is without doubt the Neapolitan pastiera. The Neapolitans to prepare for Easter, has two ingredients that make it unique: the orange flower water and cooked wheat.
I always tried the recipe but no one has ever convinced me. One day, leafing through a magazine for desserts, I found this recipe and I tried to do it. When I tasted it I thought, "It 'my cake !!!".
It is not the classic pastiera, but its delicate flavor won me over.
for the pastry:

2 cup (230gr) flour
1 / 2 cup (120gr) of butter
1 / 4 cup (50gr) sugar
3 tablespoons ice water
1 egg yolk

for the filling:

3 eggs
1 / 8 cup (40gr)melted butter
1, 76 oz. (50gr) raisins
1 1 / 8 cup (120gr) sugar
15, 8 oz. (450gr) ricotta
2 tablespoons rum
Soak the raisins with the rum
Mix the ingredients quickly, working the dough for very little.
Form a ball and let rest for at least half an in the refrigerator, wrapped in a panno. Spread the dough (keeping aside a little to the strips) using a rolling pin to obtain a thickness of 0,19 in. (means cm)
Place in baking pan and press lightly on the edges of the dough so it fits snugly. Pour in the Ricotta previously worked with the other ingredients
Prepare the dough into strips advanced  and arrange on cream ricotta arranged at a distance of 1 cm from each other.  Bake at 356 F° (180°) for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment