I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Friday, October 14, 2011

CHESTNUT CAKE (CASTAGNACCIO BARESE)


Some days ago I was in a seaside town in my area and I noticed that there were people still lying on the beach for a swim. How strange, I said, usually in October we are already home to remind us of summer sadly just passed. Last year it was in this same period that for the first time I went to collect  the chestnuts to the Lakes of Monticchio in Basilicata.
I have to say a cute place, my girls had fun a lot and I returned home with nearly 2 kg of chestnuts.
What do I do? Useless question, as always ... the sweet chestnut cake.("Castagnaccio")
Typical Tuscan recipe, made ​​with chestnut flour, raisins and pine nuts.
Mine is revisited and if you try it I'm sure you will not remain disappointed

Ingredients



17, 6 oz. (500gr) flour of chestnuts
1 1 /8 cup (125gr) flour 00
1 1 /3 (300gr) sugar 
3 eggs
33, 8 fl. oz (1liter) milk
½ cup  vegetable oil
1 / 3 cup (40gr) cocoa
0, 70 oz. (20gr) bicarbonate
grated zest of one lemon
0,88 oz. (25gr) baking powder
    The preparation is simple, just beat  the eggs with the sugar, chestnut flour, oil seeds, flour, cocoa, baking powder, lemon rind grated and cold milk poured little by littleGrease and flour a large baking dish about 30 cm, pour the batter and bake at 356 F° (180°) for about 30 minutes. Dip a toothpick ,if it is cooked,  the toothpick remains cleaned up.Soon I will publish a photo.Let me know ..

    No comments:

    Post a Comment