I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SARTU'



The sartù is a dish made ​​of rice rather processed and most popular of the traditional Neapolitan cuisine. It is cooked into a mold shaped like a donut   and is a good idea for a special dinner, as it is very scenographic.
What you see my mother-in-law has prepared, in Naples is prepared during the Easter.

Serves 6/8 people:24, 6 oz(700gof rice for risotto
bread crumbs;  3 hard boiled eggs
for the filling:
2 or 3 mozzarella
529 oz(150g) peas
  grated parmesan cheese
For the meatballs:
10, 5 oz. (300g) ground beef
2 slices of stale bread
1 egg
grated parmesan cheese
chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
for the tomato sauce:
176 oz(500g) peeled tomatoes
33, 8 floz. (1bottle) tomato sauce
1 onion, olive oil

Cook rice in abundant salted water.

In a bowl pour the oil and the peas, add salt add a few tablespoons of water and cook until done.

In another pan fry with olive oil and a teaspoon of water, the onion, pour the tomato sauce and peeled tomatoes. Add salt and cook for about 15 minutes.

In a bowl mix ground beef, egg, parsley, garlic, cheese and stale bread previously soaked in milk and squeezed.
Shape into balls pass them in bread crumbs and pour the sauce continue to simmer for another 20 \ 25 minutes.
Take only the meatballs and set aside.
Grease a cake pan with center hole and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Season the rice with tomato sauce and peas.
Put on the bottom a layer of rice, then a layer of filling ingredients, with scatter
plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and continue alternating a layer of rice and a filling ingredients are used. Finish with a layer of rice.
Bake in oven preheated to 392 ° F (200°).Invert the sartù on a plate (do not invert when it is too hot) and put the meatballs in the centre, decorated with boiled eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment