I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

RUM CAKE AND STRAWBERRY (TORTA FRAGOLE E RUM)



This is the period of strawberries and we all are greedy.
I like them in  fruit salads or just sliced ​​and seasoned with sugar, lemon juice and few drops of orange, of course if you want garnish a cake are very decorative.
Luckily I managed to take a picture ... they devoured in an instant!!!

Ingredients


sponge cake (recipe here http://italiangoodness.blogspot.it/2011/10/coconut-and-chocolate-cupcakes.html)
16, 9 fl. oz (500ml) whipping cream
17, 6 oz. (500g) strawberries
pastry cream (recipe here http://italiangoodness.blogspot.it/2011/10/crema-pasticcera.html)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 orange
1 lemon
1 cup milk 
1 tablespoon rum (or rum flavoring)  


After thoroughly washed strawberries cut them into 4 (or leave them whole, depending on how you want to decorate your cake) and season with sugar, orange, lemon and rum.
Let them macerated for at least an hour in the fridge.
Strain the juice and set aside.
Divide the sponge cake and wet with the strawberry juice and if you also want some milk.
Pour the cream and cover with the second disc of sponge cake.
Still wet with a few tablespoons of milk or strawberry juice if it is advanced and garnish with whipped cream.
Decorated with strawberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment