I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Thursday, May 24, 2012

PANNA COTTA WITH BERRY (PANNA COTTA AI FRUTTI DI BOSCO)

picture from it.wikipedia.org

The panna cotta was born in Piedmont, is a sort of pudding-known worldwide for its excellence and sophistication.
I tasted this cake for the first time in a farm holidays of Castellana Grotte.
It was love at first taste!
The sauce varies according to taste, to ciccolato, caramel, hazelnut, I remain faithful to the classic with berry.
I hope with this recipe to satisfy lovers of Italian desserts.


Ingredients



For the berry sauce:
10.5 ounces. (300g) berries
3 tablespoons sugar

For the panna cotta:


16,9 fl.oz(500ml) fresh cream
3,52 oz.(100gr) icing sugar
half vanilla bean (or vanilla flavor)
4 sheets of gelatin (isinglass)
2 tablespoons rum (optional)



Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water. Pour the milk into a saucepan, heat to very low heat but do not boil. Remove from the fire and soak the sheets of gelatin drained and squeezed dry.
In a saucepan, pour in the cream, add sugar and vanilla pulp, put on fire and, over low heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Withdrawn immediately and pour the milk in which you have dissolved the gelatin, stir to combine ingredients. Sprinkle with ice water or a single mold or small molds, fill with the mixture. Keep in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
In a pan put the berries and sugar and leave until the
sugar has completely dissolved, then let it cool off.
Turn out the panna cotta onto a serving dish and garnish with berries sauce .

Remember to filter the cream, if using the pulp of vanilla bean.
If you decide not to use the rum you can use the juice of half a lemon in the sauce to berries.



No comments:

Post a Comment