I Introduce Myself

I close the eyes and think at beautiful moments passed in the places that I have had the pleasure to visit.

The memory of the words exchanged with people that I will not meet more, feel smell of a cake eaten for case in a place for case and…not forget more the sapore..

Conserve of every place the colors, the scents, the culture.

I'm Italia of the south, I have 35 years and two beautiful twin children . Open this blog is for me like opening the doors of my house, propose my recipes and receive the yours, make known to you our traditions and know those yours, to make along travel through the wealth of the foods that my earth offers every day and portami to house something of yours. I am Italian, and I decided to write a blog in English to learn (I ask excuse for the errors!!) and because I would want to share all this with who as me through the kitchen it succeeds to dream…


Friday, December 30, 2011

ALMOND COOKIES APULIAN (PASTE DI MANDORLA PUGLIESI)


At Christmas time the desserts that are prepared are mostly made ​​with almonds. Folders, castagnelle, the Sasanelli, nougat and sugared almonds abound in all the bakeries and pastry shops. I personally do not like it very much except for the almond pastes. In a small town ,Turi, prepare them extremely well, especially the "faldacchea" made with almonds, alkermes, sponge cake and frosting with white chocolate. Dream! This year I prepared these delicious sweets for make gifts and were very much appreciated ...



Ingredients


17, 6 oz. (500gr) toasted almonds (without skin)
1 3 / 4 cup (400gr) sugar
4 eggs
cherries
alkermes
candied cherries
icing sugar
white and dark chocolate
coffee beans
sponge cake
molds for small sweets

For the preparation of simple almond pastes



Chop the almonds and mix well with sugar and eggs, added one at a time.
Help of a pastry bag, fill molds for small cakes
and garnish each one with a coffee bean or half candied cherry.

Let the rest for at least 10/12 hours.
Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, should be slightly golden.
The alternative would be to use small squares of sponge cake soaked nell'alchermes.
Fill the molds with little dough.
Add to center,  the cube of sponge cake soaked and half of black cherry.
Always allow to dry and bake. When the sweets  are cooked, cover them with melted white chocolate in a bain marie


To prepare the almond pastries stuffed

The ingredients are the same the only difference is the number of eggs, only 2. In fact, this dough should be more substantial to be able to create with your hands into balls and put half in black cherry  Then roll in powdered sugar.
Let stand for 10 / 12 hours and then bake at 338 F° (170°) degrees for 10/15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. . An 'idea is to cover them, after being cooked, with dark chocolate, melted in a bain marie (in this case not pass in the icing sugar)


No comments:

Post a Comment